Happy New Year lovelies! I hope you had the best night with loads of fun and friends. I would really love to hear how you spend your new Years evenings. When I was little younger I would just NEED to go to some party with my friends but now I am so happy with a cozy night at home with my favorite people. So of course, I got to spend it with my sister, her boyfriend, and mine. It was seriously one of the best ones I had so far.
As this is the first official day of 2017 I want to share with you my New Year's resolutions 2017. I think I have never been one to make proper resolutions but I realized that I have more and more become someone who sticks to their plans (more or less haha). So I thought why not give it a try this year and actually write it down.
1. Getting healthier. I on purpose don't say lose weight as I know I have some pounds to lose and I am convinced when you lead a more healthy lifestyle they will go by themselves. And yes you can definitely lose weight in a very unhealthy way and I have been there.. trust me: that is not what you want. So yes getting healthy and a little more fit this year is my number one priority. I think I have definitely improved in this aspect over the last year but I let it slip a little towards to end of the year.. so I hope to be back on track soon.
2. Finding my path. This is quite a huge one and you will probably only really understand if you are or were in a similar situation. I am in this weird stage after my Bachelor degree where I have to decide between working and doing my Master. I made my mind up about this and I definitely want to do my Master but finding a course that I love in a University which will accept me proofs to be not as easy as I thought it would be. But I don't want to give up or give in and just start working because that would be the easy way out. On the other side, I feel the enormous pressure by some people, or society in general, to move fast. To know immediately what you want and go for the most sensible and practical thing rather than trying out and working for what you want. Adding up to this comes a million and other thoughts and events in my life right now which leave me a little clueless and confused. Maybe I will make a whole other post about my "quarter life crisis" if this would be something you are interested in.
3. Reading more. I don't know why but I am such a visual person. I love watching and looking at things. I enjoy watching youtube, movies, and documentaries. But when it comes to reading it is really hard for me to focus. I think one big reason for that is that I HAVE to focus. I can't be looking at my phone at the same time. I can't start thinking about my to-do list and I can't check my emails simultaneously. So yes, I really want to make an effort and read more in 2017.
4. Be more responsible with money. My Boyfriend will probably not trust his eyes when he reads this but yes, I really want to get more responsible with my expenditures. Of course, that doesn't mean to not buy anything in 2017. But I want to invest in more key pieces, in things that I will use or wear for a long time. And of course, really think about whether or not I will benefit from buying this item or if it is just something that I enjoy at this moment but will do nothing for me in long term. Haha yes, I know.. Even I can't believe that I am typing those words right now.
5. Stop procrastinating and use my time more effectively. I think this one is pretty self-explaining and most of us are guilty of procrastinating from time to time. But it just makes me feel so frustrated in the end. Do you not just love the feeling of a very productive and well spent day? When you are ahead of your schedule and just feel on top of life? I want to have those more often. I am realistic here and I know I won't be like that every day, but I want the procrastination to be the exception, not the productive days.
I can't wait to look back at this post at the end of the year and reflect on what I have achieved.
Now I would really really love to hear about your New Year's resolutions if you have any!